Wednesday, October 6, 2010

It's All About Me!

That's the mindset that I need to have once in a while. I need to put aside the things that I feel like have to do, that the people in my life are counting on me to do and focus on me. I need to just say to hell with the laundry, the dirty dishes, the fact that some days my house looks like it has been turned upside down. You know what? All that will still be there when I get around to doing it.

I have let the housework and laundry and what ever else that ends up on my to do list keep me from doing the things I need to do for me. Things like exercise, planning meals and making sure there are healthy foods to eat. I rarely have time to just sit down in front of the t.v. and just relax. I love to read, haven't had a chance to sit down and read in ages. But this past weekend, I attended a library booksale and added about 50 books to my collection. So I plan on picking that little hobby up again real soon.

I started tonight doing for ME. I signed back up with Weight Watchers and attended my first meeting tonight. Since being promoted at work the girls I worked with before were my support system. I rarely see them, and co-workers now, either don't need to lose weight, already have, or just don't care. So I realized a part of my problem with staying focused is that I have nothing to keep my grounded when it comes to my eating. No support system there. So what better way to be around folks that are working to drop pounds then at a Weight Watcher meeting.

This week I had a preggo scare. Happens every few months, but I always like to make sure. The one time I take it for granted and not worry about it, would be the time I really would be and not know it. So, for now no babies here. This happening again made me REALLY think, what if... I dont want to be pregnant at this weight. I am miserable now, I can't even imagine putting on baby weight on top of what I have. Then trying to lose it all after.... sounds like a nightmare that I probably wouldn't be able to escape. More reason to try to shed these unwanted pounds, in the event that I am blessed enough to be a momma :)

What are you doing for yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment