Sunday, May 30, 2010

Thurday 3: If Only I Had Known

If only I could go back and change the decisions I made in the past.... how many times have I said that? Alot. But if we could it would only change who we are today, and the choices we've made and the struggles we have had to overcome have made us that strong person we are at this very moment.  If I had to pick a few that probably impacted my life the most it would be these:

* I would tell that 15 year old girl that growing up and being independent isn't always easy. To be happy that you have limited responsibilites and enjoy yourself more as a kid/teenager instead of wishing your life away wanting to be older. To not get a job at 15 and enjoy the things that your are supposed to be enjoying at this stage in your life.

* I would've told the 19 year old girl to stay away from that guy that everyone warned you about. The one you argued with your dad about and didn't speak to for weeks because of it. To open your eyes and see that he wasn't the type of guy you can marry or count on to be responsible. The one that caused you to begin the path of being unhealthy and overweight because of him telling you all the time how you were too skinny. To realize later he just wanted to you to be overweight so you would put up with his BS and stay with him.

* I would've told the young woman, the guy that she thought hung the moon, didn't. I would've been happy with wondering "what if" the rest of my life instead of allowing this fool (ok I'm the fool) to rip out my heart, not once, but many years later a second time before I FINALLY realized just what a dog he is. Yes, there have been many mutts in my life...lol 

I could go on and on, but really none of that is important any more. I learned from each expericence, and today I could teach those guys a a thing or two if given the chance. I am stronger and wiser because of each of those situations I had to overcome.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think these moments made you stronger? Would you really change these decisions if you knew that would make you a weaker woman? I've made mistakes but there's only 1 big one that I would change. It happened not too long ago and it hurt someone I love very much.

    Great blog. I'll be back. :)

    ReplyDelete