Sunday, August 22, 2010

Week #3 of Down and Dirty (6 of 39)

The past few weeks along with the week ahead has been and is going to be hectic. Last minute moving, and getting things in place before the final move on Friday. Along with that focusing on what I have or have not been eating has kind of fallen to the way side a bit. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that I didn't do as bad as I thought, and stayed the same this week. Still have a long way to go, I really don't want many weeks of staying the same, but it sure does win over having a week of gaining.

After the move is complete and things are finally back to some normalcy, (and I am finally not trying to go back and forth between two "homes" ) I am going do my best to find my exercise groove again. Once I find it, I will be ok.. just getting there is the obstacle.

Along with the move, I will also resume commuting to work everyday, which is an hour and a half each way, if I don't run into any issues. So with all that extra sitting (on top of the sitting I do at work all day) I REALLY need to get moving.

My game plan is this (hopefully I can stick to it):

Walk 20 minutes on the treadmill (equals 1 mile) before work to get the blood flowing.

Since I will be carpooling, and looks like I will be arriving at work about a half hour to forty-five minutes early (they like getting to work super early for some crazy ass reason) I will take advantage of the time to walk before beginning work in the morning.

Walk my 15 minute morning break at work.

I am also going to try to get in the habit of taking lunch with me (trying to spend less money too) and trying to walk a part  (or all, if I can manage to eat while I work) of my half hour lunch break.

Then finally utilizing my gym membership that I have been paying for and not using in the evening after the long commute back home.

Sounds like a lot, but this is what I did before... its works. I feel better and I was able to lose weight pretty quickly. Just have to stick with it this time, and not let anything get in my way or throw me off track.

No comments:

Post a Comment