Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Our Puppy: Cinnamon

It's been several years since I've had a dog. I've really missed the loveable, silly companionship of a dog. However with the hours I am away from home, it really wouldn't have been fair. Now we work opposite shifts for the most part and someone can be here a good chunk of the day it is more feasible.

Although I REALLY wanted a dog again, I was also really hesitant. Not having the "freedom" to not come home straight after work. Having the extra cleaning that pets bring and dealing with training a pet. So for several month I have been tossing the idea around.

 I've always said I'd rather rescue a dog from a shelter than pay a ton of money from a breeder. "Pound puppies" are usually appreciative of their new found family. So, we visited the local Humane Society a few times, not really seeing what we wanted. Or nothing that would work for us (already having a cat).

This past weekend, just on a whim we decided to stop again and see what they had... just look. As soon as I walked in I saw this adorable face through the glass door (she had her head turned side to side at a little boy looking at the dog in the kennel next to her.. soo cute!), and I was in LOVE! I just had to have her!



I didn't realize just how much work and how time consuming having a puppy would be. At 7 months old, she has ALOT of energy! I haven't had much time to do anything but entertain her! And keep her from trying to climb on top of my head/back/shoulders! lol  But I am enjoying it all at the same time! She is soo cute! Love her bunches!!

My favorite picture so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment