Tuesday, May 31, 2011
True Confessions Tuesday
I have realized, for the first time, that I am an emotional eater. I knew before that I would turn to food at times if stressed, but what I am realizing now is more than that.
There are things in life, things that I can't change. Things that no one can change, its just life. The biggest thing, and I'm sure all of us at some point go through this, is about getting older, and realizing, I mean REALLY realizing that you are getting older. Ok, I'm not THAT old, but just the thought of being 40 in four years really freaks me out. On top of that the fact that I want to have kids and need to do that sooner or later.
Taking all of this in and realizing all this has left me somewhat depressed. I know, being depressed isn't going to help matters. I have realized that, I need to get up off my butt, stop feeling sorry for myself. I've realized that exercising, isn't just for the fitness aspect, but it helps so much mentally.
I know that if I want to have kids and if I'm blessed to be a mother one day, that I need make sure I am healthy so I will be around for my future kids.
Exercise and healthy eating is the key to a longer, happier life, and I know this. So now that I have come to my senses and stopped throwing myself a pity party, I'm ready to start again. Really start and again and kick some butt!
I have started the Couch to 5K Program, I am walking my first 5k on June 11th and hope to be able to run a 5K the next time one is close enough for me to participate in. Although this challenge pretty much sucked for me, I'm ready for the new challenge (rumored to be starting in a few weeks), I will rock it!
Posted by Misty at 8:47 PM
- True Confessions Tuesday
- Bermuda.. our Final day
- Bermuda Day by Day Review- Day 6
- Bermuda Day by Day: Day 5- In Bermuda Day #2
- Bermuda Day by Day Review-Day 4 Bermuda... We Made...
- Bermuda A Day by Day Review: Day 3 (Day at Sea and...
- Bermuda: A Day by Day Review, Day 2
- May Your Way- Check In #2
- Bermuda: A Day by Day Review, Day 1
- Recipe- Easy Parmesan Garlic Chicken
- May Your Way- Check In #3
- Recipe: Burrito Bake
- Recipe: Garlic and Herb Lemon Chicken
- Recipe: Sweet and Sour Meatloaf
- Recipe: Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- May Your Way - Check In #1
- May your Way Challenge
- ▼ May (17)